From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] HTML vs. Text messages (WAS: Is GWN dead?)
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 12:00:50
1 On Saturday 12 January 2008, Dale wrote:
2 > Mick wrote:
3 > > Hmm, he may be waiting for you to do it, while you're explaining to all
4 > > these moms out there why you may think that top-posting in this ML would
5 > > be considered good netiquette? BTW, I'm not condoning thread hi-jacking
6 > > either . . .
7 > >
8 > > To Dale: have you tried setting up new addresses in the Seamonkey's
9 > > Address Book with <gentoo-user@l.g.o> and
10 > > <gentoo-user@g.o> and for each of these select to only send plain
11 > > text messages?
12 > >
13 > > From previous threads I remember that you can send plain text when you
14 > > respond to a plain text message in this ML, but not otherwise. This
15 > > could be that you do not have both addresses above set up to only send
16 > > plain text format.
17 > >
18 > > WARNING: I have not yet used Seamonkey, but vaguely remember something
19 > > like this in the old Mozilla/Netscape features.
20 > >
21 > > HTH.
22 >
23 > Thanks. I didn't know you could change that in the address book. Can
24 > you tell me how this one comes through? It should be plain text,
25 > hopefully only plain text.
26 >
27 > Neat trick. ;-)
28
29 OK, this is plain text as I can see in the message headers:
30 =======================================
31 Content-Type: text/plain;
32 charset=ISO-8859-1
34
35 . . . but you responded to a plain text message from the list, which as I
36 recall you could always do. The problem I believe is when you start a new
37 message. Email me off list with a new message and I will confirm if it is
38 also plain text.
39 --
40 Regards,
41 Mick