From: Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kde 5 Latin characters
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 12:02:55
1 Hello, Raphael.
2
3 On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 08:49:07 -0300, Raphael MD wrote:
4 > Hi,
5
6 > I've installed kde 5 on my laptop, who have us keyboard.
7
8 > My Gentoo was installed with pt-BR and en-US L10N and locale.
9
10 > Despite that fact that I'm running a English system, I need to write in
11 > Portuguese.
12
13 > The problem is, when I type ~+a, my system writes ~a and not my desired
14 > chapter ã, the same for '+c that is showed 'c and not ç.
15
16 > I've realised when I set my keyboard config at kde, abnt2-br, keys
17 > combinations works well to show Latin characters, but when I set us generic
18 > keyboard, that is my keyboard layout, those key combinations to obtain
19 > Latin characters goes wrong.
20
21 > Anybody can suffered that?
22
23 Yes, I had basically the same problem when I wanted to enhance my
24 British English X keyboard layout to allow me to type German characters
25 with the <AltGr> key, etc.
26
27 I contributed the method of doing this to the Gentoo wiki at
28 <http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Keyboard_layout_switching#Enhancing_an_X_keyboard_layout>.
29
30 It's quite involved, and you have to patch source files to do it.
31
32 Best of luck!
33
34 > Thanks.