From: daid kahl <daidxor@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No sound after suspend to ram + resume...
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 12:02:02
1 >> After suspending to ram (using hibernate-ram) and resuming, sound no longer
2 >>  works. I checked out dmesg, and it says that (among other things):
3
4 > Check the various hybernation/acpi config files.  There should be the option
5 > somewhere in there to stop alsasound when it hybernates and start it again on
6 > resume.
7
8 My wisdom agrees with this. 90% of problems I've had getting
9 hibernate-ram to function correctly is all in the
10 /etc/hibernate/common.conf file. Please check these options very
11 well. For different kernel builds or X configurations, the best
12 settings can easily change.
13
14 If you recently updated the kernel, then please reboot once again, as
15 the alsa configurations can change slightly, and it will try to
16 auto-convert old alsa settings. Also please run alsaconf as well to
17 make sure the settings are correct.
18
19 ~daid