From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Ignas Anikevicius <anikevicius@×××××.com>, Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Suspend to {RAM,Disk]
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 22:11:04
1 Am Freitag, 18. Mai 2012, 22:42:59 schrieb Ignas Anikevicius:
2 > On 18/05/12 20:59, Alex Schuster wrote:
3 > > Suspend to ram (using the hibernate-ram command from
4 > > sys-power/hibernate-script) seems to work better.
5 >
6 > What about pm-utils? Does it work better or worse than hibernate-script.
7 > I had 0 problems with it during entire usage of linux, whereas with the
8 > hibernate script package I had some issues...
9 >
10 > And yes, I am usually suspending to ram, but I was just thinking about
11 > possibilities to make my computer boot faster in the cases I really need
12 > to do a restart. :)
13 >
14 > Cheers,
15 > Ignas
16
17 I just do echo mem > ... or click on the 'Ruhezustand' button in KDE. Results
18 in the same. Well working suspend-to-ram. With fglrx. X running etc pp.
21 #163933