From: Sam Jorna <wraeth@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to contribute ebuilds?
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2016 11:54:41
1 On Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 09:50:57PM +1000, Sam Jorna wrote:
2 > On Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 02:42:52PM +0300, Victor wrote:
3 > > What is the preferred way to contribute them without becoming a Gentoo
4 > > Developer?
5 > >
6 > > Should I post them to bugzilla or maybe send to `python' and `emacs'
7 > > overlays (if so, how?), or `sunrise' overlay? Or create my own overlay?
8 >
9 > Hi!
10 >
11 > You can file a "New Ebuild" request on Bugzilla (go to "New" -> "Gentoo
12 > Linux" and select the component "New Ebuilds"), or you can fork the
13 > Portage tree on GitHub[0] and submit a Pull Request.
14 >
15 > If you're interested, you can also become a proxy-maintainer for the
16 > package - you would be responsible for bugs and version-bumps, and while
17 > you wouldn't have commit/push access to the development Portage tree,
18 > the members of the Proxy Maintainers project[1] are there to help
19 > prepare and commit ebuilds and patches.
20 >
21 > Thanks in advance for the contribution!
22
23 One day I will remember to include my references the first time
24 around... Today is not that day...
25
26 0: https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/
27 1: https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Proxy_Maintainers