From: behrouz khosravi <bz.khosravi@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] necessary use flgas
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 11:59:34
1 > To be more serious:
2 > * Set a minimal basic profile (as already suggested)
3 > * Tune your USE-Flags in make.conf. media-related flags (mp3, flac) should
4 > be harmless, if you touch flags that get used in core packages (e.g. in the
5 > toolchain) double (or triple) check if you don't do evil things.
6 > * fine tune USE-Flags on a per-package-base via /etc/portage/package.use
7 >
8 > thanks.
9 well what you mentioned was my set up until a week ago. I was on the
10 default profile. Afterwards I installed the other stuff let the portage
11 take care of missing use flags, and to be honest it was the first time in
12 my short linux life that I didnt hate KDE!(I hate the deign choices of
13 GNOME, and I thinks KDE have a good design with bad implementation!) In my
14 opinion it was way better that the KDE profile. I have moved to i3wm and
15 USE="-* ...." and it was not that hard. My concern was the use flags that
16 are better to be enabled globally like "bzip2".