From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: xrdb woes
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 13:54:26
1 James <wireless <at> tampabay.rr.com> writes:
2
3 > While the 'peripherals' icon
4 > is flashing the KDE login hangs. I ssh into the machine remotely,
5 > and kill off the xrdb process:
6 > 'xrdb -quiet -merge /tmp/kde-james/kcminit6pdVqc.tmp'
7
8 > After that the loging session completes and everything seems to be fine.
9 > I cannot find a 'Xdefaults' file anywhere on the system, so maybe that's the
10 > problem? Both xorg and kde-base have been re-compiled.
11
12 OK since nobody seems willing to give me ideas on how to track this problem
13 down, I have written a short (ugly) bash script to kill of the xrdb process.
14 It works when I ssh into the hung machine and execute it. I thought I could
15 just add the script to the .bash_profile file but it does not seem to
16 ever sources that file so I need a more clever way to lauch the 'xrdbkill'
17 script after I initiate a login....
20 Any ideas on the best way to trigger this script? The .bash_profile file does
21 not get accessed.
24 James
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list