From: Victor Ivanov <vic.m.ivanov@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Odd Chrome behavior when dragging tab to create new window
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2021 12:18:17
1 On 12/03/2021 16:48, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2021-03-12, Spackman, Chris <chris@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 >> On 2021/03/12 at 02:57pm, Grant Edwards wrote:
4 >>
5 >>>> When I drag a tab out of it's parent window to create a new window
6 >>>> [...] instead of staying where it's put the new window will follow
7 >>>> the mouse cursor around the desktop anytime Chrom(e|ium) has focus.
8 >>> [...]
9 >>> any keypress will cause the weird behavior to stop.
10 >>
11 >> I have the same problem. Started recently. Right clicking on the tab
12 >> and choosing "Move tab to new window" (if there is only one window)
13 >> or "Move tab to another window" => "New window" (if there is already
14 >> more than one window) works without problem.
15 >
16 > Yep, same here.
17 >
18 >> I've no idea what is causing the problem. Fluxbox is my window
19 >> manager.
20 >
21 > I'm using openbox.
22 >
23 KDE here. I don't use Chrome so I only just fired it up (completely
24 clean "install") and have the same behaviour.
25
26 As to what's causing it I can only guess but I did notice that when I
27 try to move a tab - even on a single tab window - my mouse pointer jumps
28 to the title bar area above it which presumably causes the window
29 manager to pick up the "click & hold" gesture and leads to the whole
30 window moving about.
31
32 However, this only seems to be happening when using the "System titlebar
33 and borders". If you right click on the tab area (not on the tab itself)
34 and untick said option the issue will disappear. At least it does on my
35 machine and I can move tabs about as normal.
36
37 - Victor

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature