From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Another chkrootkit false positive?
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2011 16:02:00
1 Mick <michaelkintzios <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > The warnings were generated last time the cron job run chkrootkit. I
5 > think that the box was rather busy in the middle of emerging stuff at
6 > the time, so I wonder if that had something to do with it.
7
8 If your hypothesis is correct, it presents an interesting opportunity.
9 How to dynamically priortize (renice) processes that sporadically
10 run at the same time.
11
12 :-(
13
14 A while back, (few months?) there was a discussion about how to
15 limit processor by settings in make.conf to restrict the load.
16 There were several approaches listed in the thread.
17 Maybe there's a scriptable (cron-able) solution on limiting
18 the load on the machine? I think you even contributed to
19 the thread?
22 Just a thought but I am most curious as to your solution,
23 should you 'embrace' the challenge....
24
25 ;-)
26
27 hth,