From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] baselayout2/openrc question
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 00:05:29
1 On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 21:29:30 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > > Taken more globally, maybe portage should warn whenever you are
4 > > trying to remove a package that is a dependency of anything in
5 > > @world.
6 >
7 > Could be useful if implemented with an off switch
8 >
9 > Or leave it off by default, users can enable it in make.conf if they
10 > wish. I often unmerge deps of things in world, but I know (usually)
11 > what I'm doing and will follow up with a --deep later. Annoying "Are
12 > you sure?" "Are you REALLY sure?" might make me switch to Ubuntu :-)
13
14 A command line argument (--force?) would be fine, but you can't complain
15 it's annoying when you have just complained that portage doesn't do this.
16 Either you want to be able to shoot yourself in the foot or you don't.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 Cross-country skiing is great in small countries.