From: Zac Medico <zmedico@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Heads-Up sys-lib/ss breaks Apps
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 06:09:15
1 Ow Mun Heng wrote:
2 > If you guys did a emerge -uDav world anytime these past few days. I'm
3 > sure you'll be hit by the libcom_err.so.3 error.
4 >
5 > This was really bad. Ruined half my working day since I can't get Evo to
6 > come up.
7 >
8 > Anyway, the ebuild _does_ mentioned breaking compatibility and stuffs.
11 > $grep einfo /usr/portage/sys-libs/com_err/*.ebuild
12 >
13 > einfo "PLEASE PLEASE take note of this"
14 > einfo "Please make *sure* to run revdep-rebuild now"
15 > einfo "Certain things on your system may have linked against a"
16 > einfo "different version of com_err -- those things need to be"
17 > einfo "recompiled. Sorry for the inconvenience"
18 >
19 > Which is a huge bummer since most of us don't go checking the ebuilds
20 > for these specific lines. How I wish It would just abort and BLAST the
21 > Einfo on the screen for me to see the next day and decide to do it
22 > manually.
23 >
24 > Oh well... It's fixed.
29 Shouldn't revdep-rebuild solve issues like that? I always run revdep-rebuild after updates and I don't recall having any problem with this com_err update ( I know lots of others did though :-( ).
30
31 Zac
32 --
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list