From: wu chuanwen <wcw8410@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cause jdk1.5 emerge tomcat error!
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 08:30:30
1 2006/5/13, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. <bss03@××××××××××.net>:
2
3 > Change your system javac to a 1.4 for the emerge of commons-daemon. The
4 > resulting class/jar files will run in a 1.5 vm -- since enum and assert
5 > (introduced in 1.4) are both still valid identifiers in bytecode under a
6 > 1.5 vm.
7 How can i change my javac to 1.4?You mean re-emerge sun-jdk1.4?Is
8 there any other ways?
9 Thanks!
10 >
11 > Bytecode also allows two methods with the same name that only differ in
12 > return type, which allows generics that only compile under 1.5 (and
13 > modified versions of 1.4) javac to work under a vm as far back as (at
14 > least) 1.2 -- as long as the requisite libraries are in place.
15 >
16 > Sun and the JCP have been very good to modify the bytecode specification
17 > sparingly, if at all, so that valid class files output from any javac will
18 > run on almost all vms. This common binary format goes a long way toward
19 > the goal of WORA.
20 >
21 > --
22 > "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
23 > it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
24 > clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
25 > -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh
32 wcw
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list