From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Splitting .mov files
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 18:57:05
1 On Saturday 26 April 2008, Hal Martin wrote:
2 > I assume you want each piece of this file to be play-able? If you don't
3 > care about that, just use split to chop them up into your desired size
4 > and then use cat to reassemble them at the destination.
5 >
6 > *$ split –bytes=1m /path/to/large/file /path/to/output/file/prefix*
7 >
8 > 'man split' will also contain this information.
9
10 Thanks! I didn't know about split.
11
12 I am afraid that the split files have to be playable. I intend to upload them
13 on a server for a MSWindows user to download and play. It has to be point &
14 click skill level at the receiving end.
15 --
16 Regards,
17 Mick