From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo: stock trading tools ?
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2012 16:17:42
1 On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 8:51 AM, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I'm looking into setting up a stock market monitoring
5 > and trading workstation on Gentoo. Any suggestions
6 > or experiences are welcome.
9 > James
10
11 Good luck. I don't envy you and I (attempt to) do this for a living at home...
12
13 TTBOMK there are no _real_ trading platforms available publicly
14 specifically for Linux. Probably your best bet is to look at the stuff
15 developed with R which is quite interesting but has a very high
16 learning curve. (VERY HIGH) These packages are all part of the
17 'TradeAnalytics' project in R.
18
19 Specific R packages:
20
21 FinancialInstrument
22 RTAQ
23 blotter
24 quantstrat
25
26 I've used quantstrat more than the others, and have played with
27 blotter a bit. As this is all R-based it works in Linux AFAIK. That
28 said I do everything in Windows VMs running in Virtualbox myself and
29 just use Windows software, including the above packages running in a
30 Windows R-gui.
31
32 HTH,
33 Mark