From: Marcus Wanner <marcusw@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: Re: CPU socket and picking a heat sink.
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 01:21:43
1 On Sun, 2010-12-05 at 17:04 -0600, Dale wrote:
2 > I actually caught the case on sale at tigerdirect. It was $100.00 with
3 > free shipping I think. I bought the power supply there at the same time
4 > tho so I still had to pay some shipping. It's a Thermaltake TRX-650M.
5 > I got it because I have one close to that in my current rig and it has
6 > been a good one so far. Since I blow the dust out about every month or
7 > so, it should last a long time. I also have a UPS on this thing too.
8 > It gets some good clean power so that makes it easier on the power supply.
9
10 Hey, to rather rudely butt in, has anyone considered taking the
11 component mounts off a really old case and building a new one? I mean,
12 you can use whatever material you want, and it would take probably less
13 time than shopping endlessly for a cheap pre-made one...
14
15 Marcus Wanner