From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: Re: CPU socket and picking a heat sink.
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2010 23:06:21
1 masterprometheus wrote:
2 > Dale wrote:
5 >> masterprometheus wrote:
6 >>
7 >>> Dale wrote:
8 >>>
9 >
10 >>> Your motherboard includes a serial port header. The only thing you
11 >>>
12 > need
13 >
14 >>> is a port like this one :
15 >>>
16 >>> http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat_id=3543&sku=09480#
17 >>>
18 >>>
19 >> Thanks for the link. If the mobo does have that when it gets here,
20 >>
21 > I'll
22 >
23 >> be ordering that.
24 >>
25 > Your mobo has that connector. You can see it in newegg's pictures.
28 Well, they have that disclaimer at the bottom that says it is subject to
29 change so the one I get may not have one. It would be my luck anyway. ;-)
33 >>> Which coolermaster you picked ? Good luck.
34 >>>
37 >> I picked this monster:
38 >>
39 >> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119160
40 >>
41 >> I got it in already and it is nice, especially compared to my old case.
42 >>
43 > It's a great one. Would be my choice too if I had to buy a new chassis.
44 > The price is more than you paid for your CPU and you're saying you don't
45 > have money for a better mobo :) ? Actually paying for a good computer
46 > case is a great idea, you won't regret.
47 >
48 > BTW something I forgot to mention is that the other expensive gigabyte
49 > mobo has a dedicated memory (128 MB DDR3) for its integrated graphics
50 > (called sideport memory by AMD). Not a big deal but it's a nice feature.
51 >
52 > Last, I hope you have a good PSU, don't use a crappy one. If you need
53 > help picking one, don't hesitate to ask.
57 I actually caught the case on sale at tigerdirect. It was $100.00 with
58 free shipping I think. I bought the power supply there at the same time
59 tho so I still had to pay some shipping. It's a Thermaltake TRX-650M.
60 I got it because I have one close to that in my current rig and it has
61 been a good one so far. Since I blow the dust out about every month or
62 so, it should last a long time. I also have a UPS on this thing too.
63 It gets some good clean power so that makes it easier on the power supply.
64
65 I was googling around the other night and found where someone put womens
66 stockings on the case to help filter out the dust. I got A/C filters
67 velcro'd to the intakes on my old case now. It ain't pretty but it does
68 keep out a HUGE amount of dust.
69
70 I may order this stuff tomorrow. I'm still giving the CPU cooler the
71 evil eye. I'm getting the ZALMAN CNPS10X Performa cooler for mine but
72 still looking at a couple others. Basically, I want it to run as cool
73 as I can while not putting a gold brick on it. lol
74
75 Dale
76