From: masterprometheus <masterprometheus666@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: Re: CPU socket and picking a heat sink.
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2010 21:30:55
1 Dale wrote:
2
3 > masterprometheus wrote:
4 >> Dale wrote:
5
6 >> Your motherboard includes a serial port header. The only thing you
7 need
8 >> is a port like this one :
9 >>
10 >> http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat_id=3543&sku=09480#
13 > Thanks for the link. If the mobo does have that when it gets here,
14 I'll
15 > be ordering that.
16
17 Your mobo has that connector. You can see it in newegg's pictures.
20 >> Which coolermaster you picked ? Good luck.
21
22 > I picked this monster:
23 >
24 > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119160
25 >
26 > I got it in already and it is nice, especially compared to my old case.
27
28 It's a great one. Would be my choice too if I had to buy a new chassis.
29 The price is more than you paid for your CPU and you're saying you don't
30 have money for a better mobo :) ? Actually paying for a good computer
31 case is a great idea, you won't regret.
32
33 BTW something I forgot to mention is that the other expensive gigabyte
34 mobo has a dedicated memory (128 MB DDR3) for its integrated graphics
35 (called sideport memory by AMD). Not a big deal but it's a nice feature.
36
37 Last, I hope you have a good PSU, don't use a crappy one. If you need
38 help picking one, don't hesitate to ask.