From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problem making bootable usb key
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 23:46:19
1 On Tue, 7 Apr 2009 16:28:01 -0700 (PDT), maxim wexler wrote:
2
3 > Aaaargh! Image too big, ~740M, guess I need a DVD burner. Do you happen
4 > to know off-hand if blank CDs come in > 700M?
5
6 You can get 800MB discs.
7
8 > Or, are you suggesting I can boot an *.iso some other way than CD or
9 > USB key? That'll certainly be welcome news to me.
10
11 You may be able to loop mount the ISO and then run the script. Or you can
12 boot a virtual machine from the ISO.
13
14 There is always more than one way :)
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 By the time you can make ends meet, they move the ends.