From: Robert Crawford <flacycads@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to safely unmerge a package
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 18:47:34
1 On Friday 20 January 2006 04:31, Catalin Grigoroscuta wrote:
2 > Dale wrote:
3 > > Catalin Grigoroscuta wrote:
4 > >> Hi,
5 > >>
6 > >> Thanks a lot for the replies, I managed to get qpkg working.
7 > >>
8 > >> However, it's very interesting that I asked for a way to achieve the
9 > >> functionality of a deprecated tool with the current tools.
10 > >> Everybody explained to me how to obtain the deprecated tool, yet
11 > >> nobody answered to "how to do this with the new tools".
12 > >> So, what is the reason for qpkg is deprecated, after all?
13 > >>
14 > >> Regards,
15 > >> Catalin
16 > >
17 > > I wonder the same thing about etcat. It's gone and I have no clue how
18 > > to find out what versions of ppp are available. The new equery makes no
19 > > sense to me. I have used it a couple times but I can not figure out how
20 > > to get it to tell me what all versions are in portage for ppp. I would
21 > > like to try ether a masked version or a older version, if I knew what
22 > > they were.
23 >
24 > This is an easy one :)
25 > equery l -p -o -i ppp
26 >
27 > > I wonder how long equery will last? I figure about the time I learn to
28 > > use it a bit, it will be gone too. This has been a bad week.
29 > >
30 > > Dale
31 > >
33
34 I too like qpkg more than equery, at least for what I usually need to do. My
35 solution is just to put a copy of qpkg and ecat in /usr/bin, and make a
36 backup copy somewhere for when it's no longer available (in gentoolkit, or a
37 new gentoo install).
38 --
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list