From: Catalin Grigoroscuta <c.grigoroscuta@×××××××××.ro>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to safely unmerge a package
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 09:56:57
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Catalin Grigoroscuta wrote:
5 >> Hi,
6 >>
7 >> Thanks a lot for the replies, I managed to get qpkg working.
8 >>
9 >> However, it's very interesting that I asked for a way to achieve the
10 >> functionality of a deprecated tool with the current tools.
11 >> Everybody explained to me how to obtain the deprecated tool, yet
12 >> nobody answered to "how to do this with the new tools".
13 >> So, what is the reason for qpkg is deprecated, after all?
14 >>
15 >> Regards,
16 >> Catalin
20 > I wonder the same thing about etcat. It's gone and I have no clue how
21 > to find out what versions of ppp are available. The new equery makes no
22 > sense to me. I have used it a couple times but I can not figure out how
23 > to get it to tell me what all versions are in portage for ppp. I would
24 > like to try ether a masked version or a older version, if I knew what
25 > they were.
28 This is an easy one :)
29 equery l -p -o -i ppp
30 > I wonder how long equery will last? I figure about the time I learn to
31 > use it a bit, it will be gone too. This has been a bad week.
32 >
33 > Dale
34 > :-)