From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to safely unmerge a package
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 09:38:51
1 Catalin Grigoroscuta wrote:
2
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > Thanks a lot for the replies, I managed to get qpkg working.
6 >
7 > However, it's very interesting that I asked for a way to achieve the
8 > functionality of a deprecated tool with the current tools.
9 > Everybody explained to me how to obtain the deprecated tool, yet
10 > nobody answered to "how to do this with the new tools".
11 > So, what is the reason for qpkg is deprecated, after all?
12 >
13 > Regards,
14 > Catalin
17 I wonder the same thing about etcat. It's gone and I have no clue how
18 to find out what versions of ppp are available. The new equery makes no
19 sense to me. I have used it a couple times but I can not figure out how
20 to get it to tell me what all versions are in portage for ppp. I would
21 like to try ether a masked version or a older version, if I knew what
22 they were.
23
24 I wonder how long equery will last? I figure about the time I learn to
25 use it a bit, it will be gone too. This has been a bad week.
26
27 Dale
28 :-)
29 --