From: Bruce Hill <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] System won't boot if CMOS clock is slow
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 15:35:42
1 On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 03:06:23PM +0000, Stroller wrote:
2 >
3 > On 16 January 2013, at 16:43, Grant Edwards wrote:
4 >
5 > > I'm having problems with one of my Gentoo systems who's motherboard
6 > > clock is a little slow. When the system comes up, the system time is
7 > > set from the motherboard clock. If that's slow, something in the init
8 > > system seems to panic because some file or other has a timestamp in
9 > > the future.
10 >
11 > You've had lots of other suggestions here, but I think this is handled fine if you add ntp to the default runlevel (and assuming the system can connect to the net).
12
13 The service would be ntpd (daemon) or ntp-client (client), but not ntp.
14
15 Still you should change your CMOS battery. ;)
16 --
17 Happy Penguin Computers >')
18 126 Fenco Drive ( \
19 Tupelo, MS 38801 ^^