From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Questions on Raspberry Pi cross compiling
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 10:11:12
1 On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 13:42:32 +0800, Danny YUE wrote:
2
3 > And if some (even very few) packages fail to build on the PC, it is
4 > hardly possible to keep PC and RPI 'consistent'.
5 > (Yes, I did setup the 'make.profile' symlink to the right place.)
6 >
7 > So my question is:
8 > 1) If some packages are *doomed* to fail, how do you keep the
9 > emerge world environment consistency between PC and RPI?
10 > Or is my understanding of this method incorrect?
11
12 For the packages that will not build on the PC, you'll have to build them
13 on the Pi, create a package then install that on the PC.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Taglines are like cars - You get a good one, then someone nicks it.