From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] autodepclean script (was "how to remove HAL")
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 03:06:54
1 On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 09:49:22PM +0200, Enrico Weigelt wrote
2
3 > I've just experimented a bit with that and it turned out that
4 > --depclean doesn't clean up the buildtime-only deps. But if I
5 > remove one of them (eg. cabextract), they don't get pulled in again
6 > (that's indicating the depending ebuilds are written properly).
7
8 This reminds me of a script I've been working on to remove unnecessary
9 cruft. Everything that follows is run as root, because it runs
10 "emerge". The attached script "autodepclean" parses the output from
11 "emerge --pretend --depclean" and generates a script "cleanscript" that
12 you can run to clean up your system. This should handle your situation,
13 but it's also a general solution to the entire class of problems of
14 cleaning up when you remove all programs or USE flags that pull in a
15 lib. It is not restricted to just HAL
16
17 Warning, this script is beta. Use with care. It will remove
18 gentoo-sources versions higher than your current kernel. This is
19 technically correct for removing unused ebuilds. But it may not be what
20 you want.
23 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>

autodepclean text/plain