From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Work!
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 15:30:18
1 On Tuesday 09 December 2008 10:48:40 Karl Huysmans wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > Don't know if it's appropriate to post this on this list, sorry if it's
5 > not. Anyway, this is serious: we are currently looking for a junior IT with
6 > some Gentoo experience and with a special interest in media encoding and
7 > graphics for a job in a video post house in Brussels, Belgium. Most of our
8 > systems run Gentoo, and it's hard to find anyone through the usual
9 > channels, besides, we're looking for an enthousiast who wants to learn, and
10 > not for someone with a stack of certificates and diploma's. Anyone? Any
11 > other suggestions where else I could or should ask?
12
13 It's not against any rules per se, so I suppose if you did post and it was for
14 a genuine position and it was you who were hiring (i.e. not an agent of some
15 kind), then no-one would really complain.
16
17 We don't get such posts here much, probably because it's an international
18 list. I find in my country we get much better results when people use the
19 mailing list for the LUGs in their own city or country.
20
21 Good luck with your hiring!
24 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com