From: Joost Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] grub menu and the new openrc
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 12:43:52
1 On Tuesday 17 May 2011 20:48:54 Dale wrote:
2 > The emerge -e world finished. It still doesn't work like it did a few
3 > weeks ago. So, I tried the nonetwork option. That starts about every
4 > service except the GUI, my UPS thingy and a couple others. Get this, it
5 > even starts the freaking network. Why is it called nonetwork if it
6 > starts the network too. Seeing the list of services it started, it
7 > didn't miss many.
8
9 Did it start as part of "Hey, there is a network card, lets use it"?
10
11 I believe the default configuration auto-starts network devices if any are
12 found.
13
14 > There is something not right here. It appears that openrc or whatever
15 > is not working the way it should. The funniest part about this, it
16 > worked fine the other day and it works just fine from a console. It
17 > just doesn't work right when passed from grub.
18 >
19 > Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
20
21 Try disabling auto-starting services? :)
24 Joost