From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: www-redesign@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [www-redesign] new guide layout and updated about and news - jan 10
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 09:34:58
On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 08:22:04PM -0800, Michael Curtis Napier wrote:
> I put a guide page together. Actually 4 versions of it. I centered the > jumppad and have versions with/without the #whygentoo and jumppad. > Please look them all over and give some feedback. I also put together a > different layout for the about page and the news page. I tested these > in IE6, opera, khtml, safari and gecko and so far so good. And of > course everything passes the w3c validator exept for the <form> > navigation javascript in the guide page. We can worry about that later.
They look good, albeit a bit different from Aaron's original proposal [1]. I hope Aaron can pass on this HTML pretty soon. I especially like the purple box on top and with some XSLT tweaking, we can make sure that the box doesn't flood a page when too many authors/editors/... are listed. Wkr, Sven Vermeulen [1] -- Documentation & PR project leader The Gentoo Project <<< >>>