From: Esben Mose Hansen <gentoo-bugs@××××××××××.dk>
To: www-redesign@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [www-redesign] Advertisement bar
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 09:45:58
On Sunday 2005-11-27 06:40, Curtis Napier wrote:
> Lance Albertson wrote: > > I was poking around the site and I just seemed to think that the > > advertisement bar takes up a lot of space. Even though it only uses the > > top portion of the site, the rest of the page doesn't render completely > > across the browser because of it. Not sure how feasible this is, but > > could we possibly have an option of making that pane 'hidable' via > > clicking the '> Advertisements' link so it can make the whole page > > viewable? Not sure if this is possible, but I know of one example in a > > wiki called dokuwiki where they have a Contents table that will hide if > > you click on it. Curious your ideas/thoughts. > > > > Cheers- > > > > (btw, thanks for fixing that earlier thing) > > That is technically possible to make the ad div disappear with a button > click. It would require javascript though and I really really really > don't want to put any javascript in the site.
If you can live without IE support, use an alternative stylesheet. That way, the add can be removed by selecting a stylesheet from a browser menu, no javascript required. Of course, the IE people are screwed, but I can't imagine that IE is a common browser there, nor is the functionality loss unacceptable. -- regards. Esben -- www-redesign@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [www-redesign] Advertisement bar Curtis Napier <curtis119@g.o>