From: Michael Curtis Napier <curtis119@×××××.com>
To: www-redesign@××××××××××××.org, Aaron Shi <aaron@××××××××.com>
Cc: www-redesign@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [www-redesign] Re: Status on Gentoo redesign
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 17:55:46
Hi aaron, good to see you back. I hope I didn't hack up your work to
bad, I was mainly just trying to give some ideas on possible layout for
the pages that swift listed in his initial layout to the mailing list.
I leave all design in your hands. I'm mainly interested in the xsl/xml
stuff anyway. I have the gorg sever installed and running so I can do
initial testing on the xsl/xml and I'm just waiting for swift to make
final decisions on your work so I can start on the backend stuff.

I also thought of using google as a search engine. A search
functionality is one of the major things that is missing
IMO. I know implementing it natively would be more work than others are
willing/able to do and google is a ready made and free resource we
should take advantage of. Swift is there someone other than you that
needs to be included in that decision? Can you talk to them about this
and let us know? The search box is major real estate on that column and
a decision should be made ASAP.

As to the CSS tags. I was reusing the style sheet for all the different
layouts so I just made up tag names to fit it in. Sorry if it got a
little confusing.