From: "Bryan Østergaard" <kloeri@g.o>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] gcc 4.1.1-r3? [last update]
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 15:23:32
On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 02:57:08PM +0200, Davide Cittaro wrote:
> Hi all again! I'm sorry for this but I would like to give you an > update on what's happening here. > I've done with gcc emerging, at least. I had to compile and install > it manually, add a proper /etc/env.d/gcc config file, let gcc-config > select the new gcc-4.1.1 and then reemerge it. It seems to work fine. > I can go on with emerging an updated system, I hope. > > BTW, I'm courious: how many people in this list have a DS25 or at > least an ev68 processor? It seems we are very few people and it is > hard to fix errors... >
Couple of things here.. First, adding -Wa,-mev6 to CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS is definitely not needed and I would expect it break a few things personally. Second, I've been using gcc-4.1.1-r3 for months on EV68 system(s) with no problem at all. I'm maintaining all the toolchain stuff on alpha as so far testing and keywording goes and I do most of my work on a CS20 (dual ev68AL so fairly close to your DS25 regarding specs). I haven't seen any gcc related problems personally. So I expect your problems either stems from your CFLAGS or perhaps from glibc that. Which version of glibc are you using and what USE flags are enabled? Regards, Bryan Østergaard -- gentoo-alpha@g.o mailing list