From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] upgrading packages with EAPI=prefix 1?
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 20:07:10
On 17-04-2009 17:58:47 +0200, Markus Duft wrote:
> ok... following this upgrade path from an old prefix should work: > > emerge -avuDe world > emerge -avuD world > > :) > > this merges the last hybrid portage (the other one is masked by EAPI, at > least thats true for me...(??)), and after that uses that portage to > reinstall/update all packages. after that a normal update will give the > newest portage. > > if the new portage is not masked by EAPI, that would be a problem. you'd > need to manually mask it while doing the -avuDe world. > > the only problem is that the -avuDe world should never be stopped, since > otherwise a recalculation of dependencies will cause the non-hybrid > portage to be merged, which will (possibly) destroy (some) installed > packages - or at least prevents upgrades to run through smooth. > > Should we provide some docs somewhere about this?
We can, however, I fear that within not too much time, the last hybrid version of portage will have to go, as I can't generate a manifest for it any more. This means there's no way to do it like you did here, for people that need. Our only alternative is cleaning up environment.bz2, I'm affraid. -- Fabian Groffen Gentoo on a different level