From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: How To Play WMV (thread drift - slaveryware)
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 23:30:41
1 On 9/29/06, Bob Young <BYoung@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Would you go to war, or be willing to die for the "freedom" that open source
3 > provides? If not, then equating it with the freedoms that real mean and
4 > women have fought and died for is to marginalize the importance the word is
5 > meant to convey.
6
7 No, but that is *my* opinion. However Duncan has stated previously
8 that, while he probably wouldn't be willing to die to defend his
9 freedom regarding open source software, that he _should_ be willing to
10 do so. So by your standard, *his* use of those terms is really not
11 all that far fetched.
12
13 I do agree that the terms are very strong..much stronger than my
14 feelings on the subject, which is why I do not use them. But you
15 really should read what Duncan has said previously on this [1]. His
16 feelings are very strong on the subject...strong enough to justify his
17 use of these terms IMO.
18
19 -Richard
20