From: Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] New install of amd64 with raid
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 10:07:22
1 Hi all,
2 I'm new to this list (migrating from x86) and am going to use my old windows
3 amd64 box for linux.
4 The motherboard has sata raid via Promise PDC20378 raid controller. I have
5 downloaded gentoo linux 2006.1 amd64 live cd for the installation. Having
6 looked at the install docs I am a little unsure of how to proceed.
7 Do I set up the sata raid in the bios?
8 Are the correct drivers on the install disc?
9 Will this raid set boot ok?
10 Do I need to setup any linux software raid?
11
12 I just don't want to mess up the installation son any help will be gratefully
13 received
14
15 Regards
16 Paul
17 --
18 This message has been sent using kmail with gentoo linux
19 --
20 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list