From: Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: btrfs Was: Soliciting new RAID ideas
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 21:05:33
1 On Thu, 29 May 2014 13:59:25 -0400
2 Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
5 > When was the last time we actually had an amd64-specific discussion on
6 > this list? Part of me wonders if the list ought to be retired. It
7 > made a lot more sense back when amd64 was fairly experimental and
8 > prone to fairly unique issues.
11 There may not be any amd64 issues, but there certainly are a lot of
12 gripes.
13
14 For those who operate a pure 64-bit system (no multi-lib), there is
15 a fair amount of highly useful software that has not yet been updated
16 to be 64-bit clean. For example, Adobe PDF Reader, Foxit PDF Reader,
17 and the Intel ICC compiler are still 32-bit. I wish these folks would
18 get with the modern trends.
19
20 Frank Peters