From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: How To Play WMV (thread drift -slaveryware)
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 21:10:29
1 On 9/29/06, Bob Young <BYoung@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > I'm not saying he doesn't have the freedom to use them, I'm suggesting that
3 > they are inaccurate and their connotations don't reflect the true
4 > relationship between vendors and users, and for that reason their use should
5 > be reconsidered.
6
7 But they *do* accurately reflect the relationship between vendors and
8 users from Duncan's viewpoint. Your viewpoint is obviously different,
9 but doesn't mean yours is the only "true" one.
10
11 > When a user (who can't read/write source code) has an OSS app or utility
12 > break frequently, should they feel enslaved?
13
14 No. They should feel empowered to learn about programming and help
15 fix it, or entice others to do so.
16
17 -Richard
18 --