From: DR GM SEDDON <gavin.m.seddon@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-amd <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] windowmaker and kdm not working
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 13:48:54
Hello,
My Gentoo system graphics work when I s'tartx' However,  I defined
'wmaker' as my default in '/etc/rc.conf'.  When I startx  I get a
windowmanager similar to the windowmaker I am used to but instead of the
3 icons on the top right and the desktopswitcher on the left I only have
a clock.  Is this correct?

Also, I have set my default runlevel to 5 in '/etc/inittab' and chose
kdm as my prefered login method.  But when I boot I always get a console
login.  Kdm runs if I btype 'kdm'.  It doesn't give me the option of
windowmaker and the default won't start anything.

Can anyone help?
Gavin.