From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: VMWare Workstation install
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 01:19:39
1 Rich Freeman posted on Wed, 04 Feb 2015 13:02:02 -0500 as excerpted:
2
3 > On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 12:51 PM, Tamas Karpati <tkarpati@×××××.com>
4 > wrote:
5 >>
6 >> Thanks for your toughts. Following your suggestion I'm going to
7 >> evaluate VB while experimenting a bit more with WS.
8 >> I think I'll let them compete.
9 >
10 > If you're going to consider something new I'd certainly look at KVM as
11 > well (libvirt/virt-manager/etc).
12
13 Since I can't/won't agree to EULAs I don't run proprietary, and would
14 strongly prefer KVM here. However...
15
16 Last I knew KVM didn't support MS-based VMs. Has that changed? Because
17 while if anything that's a positive for me, it's going to put KVM out of
18 the running for many, if it's still true.
19
20 And if kvm supports MS VMs now, I'd like to know that, as it could come
21 in handy in the next thread like this, even if I'll never be using it
22 myself (unless someone else, say an employer, is taking responsibility
23 for that EULA thing I won't personally agree to). =:^)
28 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman