From: martin hudec <corwin@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-bsd@l.g.o
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 08:11:41
1 Hello,
2
3 On Sun, Oct 16, 2005 at 08:55:12AM +1000 or thereabouts, Ot Ratsaphong wrote:
4 > I have been an intermittent Gentoo user for about 2 years and am now interested in exploring BSD.
5 > I have tried FreesBie, DesktopBSD and PC-BSD, but would like to try Gentoo/BSD mainly because I miss the ease of Portage.
6
7 Freesbie is excellent live distro, but.. may I ask you - in what terms
8 is Portage better for you? Is there someting in ports system that does
9 not meet your needs? Just asking :), because I was thinking that
10 Portage is inspired in ports.
13 martin hudec
16 * 421 907 303 393
17 * corwin@××××××××.net
18 * http://www.aeternal.net
19
20 "Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible
21 exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws."
22
23 Douglas Adams, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"