From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Success!! Keymaps ...
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 13:32:13
1 On Sun, 2005-03-20 at 19:13 -0500, Robert Paskowitz wrote:
2 > You would need to edit the linuxrc. This file is found in
3 > /usr/share/genkernel/generic/ but modifying the one on the host system
4 > would not do the trick. Instead, you'd need to untar the genkernel
5 > sources, modify is there, and retar. Then, you need to modify the file
6 > size and md5sum inside your snapshot.
7
8 Actually, it is much easier than that. Just
9 edit /usr/lib/catalyst/livecd/runscript/x86-archscript.sh and remove the
10 "dokeymap" from the configuration. We started enabling the keymap by
11 default a while back since there was a slight problem with people not
12 knowing how to type "dokeymap" if they didn't know the keyboard layout
13 defaults.
14
15 Now that I think about it, this isn't the best way to go about it, so
16 I'll probably end up making a change to this later.
17
18 > > Is there a way of making it not ask at all?
19 > >