From: Hanni Ali <hanni.ali@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o, kyron@××××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] High-Availability Howto for Gentoo
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 15:31:18
1 Ok,
2
3 I suggest we try to put the documentation together on gentoo-wiki.com I've
4 always found this site an excellent resource.
5
6 There are already two stubs which I feel we should build on and kyron has
7 compiled an excellent list of programs if you follow the links.
8
9 http://gentoo-wiki.com/Index:HOWTO#Build_a_Gentoo_High_Performance_Cluster
10
11 I suggest we start Build a Gentoo High Availability Cluster.
12
13 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/cluster/
14
15 This is the gentoo cluster page and we only have three How To's All of which
16 have floors I've kept tabs on problems I've run into with the HPC howto and
17 distcc howto. I feel we should keep openMosix separate and have a completely
18 separate set of Howto's for that.
19
20 My clusters are generally diskless nodes so I suggest we try to incorporate
21 this howto into the gentoo-wiki
22
23 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/diskless-howto.xml
24
25 Though this also has it's fair share of difficulties.
26
27 I'm prepared to share a certain amount of my work on this. It would be nice
28 to make this documentation easily understandable for all and I'm always up
29 for people adding where they run into problems and WHY into these sort of
30 documents.
31
32 I'm looking carefully at HA diskless nodes and ways in which to ensure
33 redundancy if the master node fails. Suggestions on this would be welcomed.
34
35 How many people would be interested in helping out with this. If you've read
36 this far it must be because it's a Friday afternoon so anything can distract
37 you!
38
39 Cheers
40