From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-council] Re: [gentoo-dev] Special meeting [WAS: Council meeting summary for 8 May 2008]
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 20:49:18
On 16:33 Thu 08 May     , Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> Enforced retirement: After 2.5 hours on the previous topics, people had > to go to sleep and jokey's computer broke. Instead of waiting till the > next regular meeting, because of its urgency, we scheduled a special > session next week at the same time. The appeals will *not* be decided > then -- it's about figuring out the validity and the process.
2 of us have shown up -- amne and me. That's really pathetic, guys. What happened? Did the rest of you miss the announcement in the summary? I was looking at the IRC log from last week, and here's what I saw (relevant parts only): < FlameBook+> I'm fine with the reschedule, as I'm probably going away soon, too < dberkholz@> amne, Betelgeuse, FlameBook, solar -- rescheduling to a special session work? < dberkholz@> ah, FlameBook already said yes <Betelgeuse@> o <Betelgeuse@> k < dberkholz@> looks like amne went to bed < dberkholz@> enough of us agree on that, so let's do it lu_zero said on IRC last night that he was going to be traveling today, but nobody's shown up to proxy for him: < lu_zero@> dberkholz today we'll the extended council meeting, isn't it? < dberkholz@> i optimistically hope it's not "extended" in the "taking a long time" sense < dberkholz@> but the postponed topics from last week, yes < lu_zero@> dberkholz again I'll be travelling < dberkholz@> lu_zero: oh, did it just come up? < lu_zero@> dberkholz pretty much =_= < lu_zero@> lately my time-space position is quite random < lu_zero@> _Hopefully_ I'll be there < lu_zero@> but 4 hours of travel can be extended =_= That means that it's conceivable that if solar (vapier's proxy), vapier and jokey didn't check IRC again or read the council summary, they could've missed the announcement. I guess I can see how people who are at the meeting might not read the summary, because they sat through it. I blame myself for not sending a standalone announcement outside of the summary. tove brought up an interesting point from GLEP 39: If any meeting has less than 50% attendance by council members, a new election for all places must be held within a month. The 'one year' is then reset from that point. musikc questioned whether that was only intended for the regular meetings or also irregular ones like this. Open up the floodgates, folks. What do you think, what should we do? I look forward to hearing your advice. Thanks, Donnie -- gentoo-council@l.g.o mailing list