From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Re: K3B error
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 11:18:26
1 widyachacra <widyachacra@×××××.com> posted
2 cb9528810710200049t5385bef7j714bb039ba42ae0d@××××××××××.com, excerpted
3 below, on Sat, 20 Oct 2007 13:19:25 +0530:
4
5 > I get below notice when i open the K3B.
6 >
7 > System locale charset is ANSI_X3.4-1968 Your system's locale charset
8 > (i.e. the charset used to encode filenames) is set to ANSI_X3.4-1968. It
9 > is highly unlikely that this has been done intentionally. Most likely
10 > the locale is not set at all. An invalid setting will result in problems
11 > when creating data projects. Solution: To properly set the locale
12 > charset make sure the LC_* environment variables are set. Normally the
13 > distribution setup tools take care of this.
14 >
15 > I tried to write more ISO distros but all are failed. Please help me.
16 > How to change LC_* details.
17
18 FWIW, I have the same problem here, but it hasn't seemed to actually
19 affect anything operationally. Of course, I'm a native English speaker
20 who doesn't read or write anything else, so most CD/DVDs I tend to burn
21 are C standard locale anyway, but within that operating domain, it hasn't
22 seemed to be a problem, despite the dire sounding warnings.
23
24 However, if anyone has a solution, I too could use it, as the warnings do
25 get old after awhile, even if they don't seem to actually matter much if
26 at all.
31 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
34 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list