From: Serghei Amelian <serghei@××××.ro>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Dependencies of KDE 3
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 21:04:16
1 On Wednesday 21 November 2012 20:58:08 Brent Busby wrote:
2 > On Tue, 20 Nov 2012, Canek Pel?ez Vald?s wrote:
3 > > On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 7:38 PM, Igor Korot <ikorot01@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 > [...]
6 >
7 > >> Also, very strange thing is that the dependency tree of KDE 3 is not
8 > >> updated:
9 > >>
10 > >> If I have the latest openssl, which is 1.0.0j, KDE will slot-instal
11 > >> 0.0.8x.
12 > >>
13 > >> Is there such an incompatibility?
14 >
15 > You can use the newest OpenSSL. The only problem is that sftp:// URL
16 > support in programs like Konqueror will no longer work, because
17 > apparently the kioslaves don't know how to talk to the new SSH. I've
18 > been able to live without that though by using FUSE mounts. There's no
19 > reason to keep an old OpenSSL around, and in fact, it's insecure.
20
21 Seems that kde-sunset overlay is not very well maintained :)
22 The sftp kioslave was fixed long time ago:
23
24 https://github.com/serghei/kde3-kdebase/commit/c12ee4b501e4a44dd8c52b9b8e0ddbe875afb466
25
26 [...]