From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: How to find a mentor, WAS: [gentoo-dev] rfc: stabilization policies
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 17:29:39
1 On Sat, 31 Aug 2013 12:37:58 -0400
2 "Rick \"Zero_Chaos\" Farina" <zerochaos@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > I know we are a little OT here but the fifth type of recruit is
5
6 Yes.
7
8 > someone who is very excited, very dedicated, and completely unable to
9 > find a mentor. That is where I was for a long time, no one seemed to
10 > have the time to mentor me.
11
12 Your recruitment bug disagrees with you here in that you had a mentor
13 right from the start.
14
15 The netmon@g.o alias never saw mail from you before your recruitment
16 bug was openend, so how could anyone have known you were trying to
17 attract a mentor and do netmon stuff?
18
19 I don't see any mail on gentoo-dev or gentoo-project either.
20
21 There are exactly *nill* bugs that you reported and were (subsequently)
22 CC'd or Assigned to netmon@g.o.
23
24 You have only yourself to blame.
27 jer