From: Christian Birchinger <joker@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE flags
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 12:20:42
Hi
Maybe more features would be needed "nodoc" "noman" "noinfo". I
guess many people never open an info page (mostly because the
info command sucks and they don't know about pinfo).

I think with the nodoc flag it would never "merge" the docs.
It sure wont install them first then rm -rf them again. It
would simply not move them from /var/tmp/portage.../image/usr/doc/appfoo-6.6.6
into the running system (Mabye exclude them from unpacking when
using tbz2 packages). I'm not the programmer of it but i guess
the mainquestion is how to configure it. Like a FEATURE="nodoc noinfo"
or with it's own variable like DOCS="man -info -doc" or whatever.

Christian