From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] macos mess
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 19:54:49
1 On Sun, 2004-07-25 at 11:53, Alastair Tse wrote:
2 > Do we have a sys-drivers or something equivalent? I would argue that
3 > this is needed because the sheer amount of drivers available. We don't
4 > want to start polluting sys-kernels with darwin drivers, do we?
5 >
6 > HOWEVER, I agree that it is premature to setup a category where there
7 > are no plans to even merge these drivers into portage for the next
8 > month or so.
9
10 I've been talking about something like this for a while. My idea,
11 however, is more like drivers-${TYPE}, where TYPE is video, net or
12 whatever else.
13 --
14 Donnie Berkholz
15 Gentoo Linux