From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new virtual -- virtual/go to fix go build time dependencies
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2017 21:46:38
1 On 03/02/2017 04:30 PM, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 >
3 > The point is to specify dependencies declaratively. A dependency
4 > expresses a dependency, not an action. If you can't express the kind of
5 > dependency you need, then we need either labels or another *DEPEND
6 > variable to take care of it, not a bodge.
9 In the meantime, if you give people an official bodge-maker, they'll use it.
10
11 Back on topic:
12
13 What kind of dependency do we need, anyway? William, are you saying that
14 if I upgrade dev-lang/go, then things will break, but if I delete
15 dev-lang/go, everything is fine?