From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Lastrite: app-pda/libopensync and reverse dependencies
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 19:38:32
1 Il giorno gio, 10/02/2011 alle 19.44 +0100, Krzysztof Pawlik ha scritto:
2 >
3 > I don't agree with that - QA doesn't give anyone a silver bullet for
4 > killing
5 > whatever you want (or whatever you think should die). Maintainer must
6 > be
7 > *always* notified/pinged/mailed/im'ed/phoned/poked when his package is
8 > going to
9 > be masked & removed, if he's responsive then getting his ACK on the
10 > matter
11 > shouldn't be a problem, if not... at least you've tried.
12
13 Please make up your mind on what you don't agree with.
14
15 We don't need the ACK but we don't go around masking packages just
16 because we feel like it. What gets the "Masked for removal by QA"
17 treatment doesn't need an ACK because it's always stuff that was left
18 untouched for months if not years.
19