From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EAPI 3 PMS Draft
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 14:38:06
1 On Thu, 09 Apr 2009 04:12:02 +0300
2 Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o> wrote:
3 > It is quite irresponsible to enable that by default for the FULL user
4 > base, given the state of the tree in regards to it
5
6 Which is why we are not talking about enabling it for the tree. We are
7 talking about enabling it for a subset of the tree that's guaranteed to
8 have been tested by it.
9
10 > many upstreams stance on tests and their failures
11
12 So for those packages, RESTRICT tests like you should be doing anyway.
13
14 > and the (very) considerable extra time it takes to run them while
15 > it's already slower in relation to binary distributions.
16
17 PROPERTIES="slow-tests" then.
18
19 We've been over all of this several times previously.
22 Ciaran McCreesh