From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo internal structure
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 10:07:39
1 On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 10:13:32PM -0500, Aron Griffis wrote:
2 > As Jason mentioned, putting reasonable defaults into make.defaults
3 > accomplishes #1. The default might even be ACCEPT_LICENSES='*', in
4 > which case modification in make.conf would need to be something like
5 > ACCEPT_LICENSES='-* GPL-1 GPL-2' (which then accomplishes #2)
6
7 I might be just awake, but this idea sparkles in my eyes with a "wow"
8 subtitle. It is a great idea, and even though it has some rough edges (for
9 instance we probably shouldn't accept all licenses per default -- you never
10 know what the future might bring) and can be extended (kinda virtual-like,
11 such as ACCEPT_LICENSES="freelicenses" which would embody all known free
12 licenses) it is certainly something to consider.
13
14 Is this the first time this popped up? If not, is there any progress into
15 creating a draft patch? Or a GLEP?
16
17 Wkr,
18 Sven Vermeulen